They are rich. Oh, no. That is an understatement. They are astronomically rich with an astronomical sum of money to their name. Among a world that houses billions of people, they are the top ten. Top ten in a list that includes billions. Wow. One can now only imagine how rich these ten must be to have made it to the top of the list. Let’s now see who are these super world’s richest people.
1. Carlos Slim Helu – Born in Mexico and residing in the Mexico City, he is the newest world’s richest man, beating William Gates III and Warren Buffett. His net worth is an astonishing $53.5 billion. He is seventy years old and has six children. His fortune is amazingly self-made and telecom is the source of his money. Carlos Slim is the world’s richest man 2010.
2. William Gates III – The whole world is familiar with him. He is net worth a staggering $50 billion. The owner of Microsoft, who gave internet and computers an all new meaning, William Gates III from the United States is the second wealthiest in the entire world. Gates is married and has three children. He is a Harvard dropout. To whosoever thought dropouts are useless, look at this man! He is 54 years old, he is a self-made man and he is perched at a position one could only fantasize. Truly, hard work and determination can do wonders!
3. Warren Buffett – His is American and is net worth $47 billion. His fortune is self-made too thanks to his source, Berkshire Hathaway. At 79, he is widowed and has 3 children. He lives in Omaha and is the 3rd richest.
4. Mukesh Ambani – His fortune may be inherited but it is still growing rapidly. The owner of petrochemical oils and gas, Mukesh Ambani resides in Mumbai, India and is net worth $29 billion. He is married and has 3 children. He is 52 years old and one can expect to see his fortune increase in the years to come.
5. Lakshmi Mittal – He is Indian and the source of his $28.7 billion is steel. True, his fortune is inherited but that can’t steal his hard work and effort to keep it growing. He currently resides in London and has 2 kids.
6. Lawrence Ellison – Oracle is his claim to fame. He has a whopping $28 billion to his name and it is all self-made. He is a citizen of America and resides in California presently. He is married and has two children at the age of 65.
7. Bernard Arnault – He is a citizen of France and resides in Paris. He is 61 years old, married with 5 children. His fortune is inherited and the source is LVMH. He is net worth $27.5 billion.
8. Eike Batista – Eike Batista’s fortune is self-made from mining and oil. He is net worth an awesome $27 billion. He is divorced and has 2 children from his marriage. He is Brazilian and is a drop out of the RWTH Aachen University.
9. Amancio Ortega – He is from Spain. He is the owner of Zara. At 79, he is the 9th world’s richest man with a fortune of $25 billion. He is not educated – another stupefying example of what will power and hard work can do. You can be at the top even without being educated at all; let alone topping every exam you attempt. It just takes an incredible amount of determination to succeed.
10. Karl Albrecht – Last on this list may be but certainly not last anywhere else, he is Karl Albrecht, the tenth richest man in the world. His fortune is self-made from Aldi. He is German and has a fortune of $23.5 billion. He is married, has 2 children and is 90 years old!