Our Guest Post Guidelines and Policies
If you’d like to submit a guest post for potential publication, that’s awesome. Thanks for thinking of us!
First, a few caveats:
We don’t accept posts from random companies looking to get a link to a product or service we’ve never heard of. Sorry.
Our audience has advanced knowledge. That means we can’t accept posts on beginner info that’s been said 1,000 times already.
Please don’t email to ask us if we accept guest posts, because we just said we did. Thanks
Still with us? Awesome !!!
You’re probably a really nice person with something smart to say and a good idea on what to write. If that’s the case, please read this page. It provides valuable information that helps your post get accepted. (Besides, we know when someone hasn’t read it – we’re really savvy that way.)
- Demonstrate good command of language, grammar, punctuation, clarity, style and tone. Run your content through a spell check, and try to catch all the typos.
- Edit your post well, and rewrite it a few times. It’s a good idea to set your post aside for a day or two and come back to it with fresh eyes.
- Use an outline, and structure your post well. Sub-headers and bullet points or strong impact statements help your content stay on track.
- Have a well-rounded wrap-up. A good conclusion is one of the most neglected areas of guest posts. Please end yours with a good bang that encourages conversation and commentary.
- During its trial through The Gauntlet, your post may be edited for quality and clarity. Don’t be offended; it’s normal. You’ll have ample opportunity to approve our edits before publication.
Your Post Should Be Relevant
Our blog covers topics on science, health, medicine and technology. Our audience wants to explore and read relevant post topics on new medical research, new gadgets, new ways to improve one’s health and lifestyle.
In short, don’t ask if we want a post on shoes, blogging, or making money online. The answer is no. (Unless you’ve somehow creatively tied that into health and science!)Google+